Visits with the Ridings

I've been meaning to post for weeks about several different visits with the Ridings this summer, but will just clump them all into one post instead.


It started back in June when we did a babysitting swap with Cassie and Dan.  They took Daphne for a night so we could do an anniversary getaway and the next weekend we took Lydia, Emmett and Millie for a night so they could celebrate their anniversary too.  It was brilliant.  Now that we know we're going to be in Cedar, I think this may need to be an annual thing...or biannual!  Daphne had a great time with her cousins and didn't miss us for a second. Observe:


Apparently Daphne and Millie kept hiding behind this corner and then running around at the same time and laughing their heads off when they would run into each other.

The following weekend, Lydia, Emmett, Brinlee and Hudson (our neighbors/cousins on the Adams side) and Burke had such a blast having a water fight in the backyard while I tubbied the babies.  Once everyone dried off they ate pizza and popcorn while watching Mary Poppins.  It was a happy happy night and I adored tucking my nieces and nephew into bed and gently returning them to bed each time they got out. :)  The only bummer about the weekend was when Millie passed out 4 times the next morning while we were getting everyone ready to go back to St. George. :(  So glad she's starting to get over her pass out spells, poor little lady.

Daph and Millie pretending to be asleep in Daph's crib

We've seen the Ridings a few times since the June overnighters at the family reunion in July (more on that later) and while running errands to St. George, but I was so grateful when Cassie offered to come down and play with Daphne and I for the day last week.  We really needed it and it turned out to be a splendid afternoon at the pool!


Lydia and Emmett thought it was the coolest pool ever  because of the waterslide.

Less than a week later, they were back again...this time to help us with all our packing and cleaning.  I am so grateful that Cassie would drive all the way down here just to help me clean my blinds and bring the kids to play with Daphne.


My big sis has been such a strength to me both as a newlywed in St. George and during new motherhood here in Mesquite.  She is always optimistic, encouraging and doing good for those around her - especially me!  I feel so lucky to look to her as an example, mentor and friend.  Dan also has always been such a good friend to Burke and he was a good sport about late night visits at their house when we were first married and didn't understand yet why he was always tired at 9 o'clock. :) ha ha! (we get it now Dan!)  Not to mention how much we love Lydia, Emmett and Millie.  When Lydia heard a few months ago that we would be moving when we got a new job, she kept reminding us that their basement was available (haha!) and would shyly tell me how she didn't want me to move away.  At one point as we drove away from their home after a visit, she came to the doorstep and yelled as we drove away, "I love you Auntie Em! I miss you!"  Made me choke right up.  I am so grateful we will still live close enough to keep building these relationships and especially so we can see these two little besties grow up together!  I know I've documented it several times, but Amelia and Daphne have the most precious friendship.  They love each other wholeheartedly and get along so well!  What a joy that we won't be moving across the country and losing that bond.  We sure love you Ridings!

Comments