Blogging Haitus

I finally understand why my sisters all dropped off the face of the blogosphere when their children got a bit older.  Alas, I have joined their ranks and I think blogging and I are no longer meant to be.  It pains me to say this, but ever since my Daphne girl stopped napping in January, I am never on the computer anymore.  No more 2-hour-nap-times to research family history names and prepare them for temple work, no more secret Valentine's Day projects for Burkie, and definitely no more blogging.  I can't handle the guilt I feel when I'm on the computer during the day and my little lady comes in and asks me to play dress-ups with her or to do a puzzle.  As much as I love documenting our family history, it's not worth it to me to miss out on the day-to-day simplicity of mothering and family living.  I suppose I could do it at night when she is asleep, but I am a clingy wifey and love every minute I can get with my Burkie Love in the evenings.

I do hope to find a couple of nights a month to blog in the future, but this last month has been unusually crazy, because...we bought a house!  I'm leaving in an hour to meet Burke at the title company to sign the closing documents and then we will officially be home owners.  We move in tomorrow and we are beyond excited to start this new chapter of our lives!  I feel like we learned many important life lessons through this experience that I plan to share in the coming weeks when I can find the time.

In the meantime, there are about 5 more boxes to pack, the kitchen and bathrooms to clean in preparation for the big move tomorrow.  Whenever Daphne walks into a room where something has been packed away, she gets pretty shocked.  Poor little lovie.  Her world is getting turned upside down all over again.

Comments

Lyndi said…
Whoa!!! Congrats, I can't wait for all of the details-I guess I'll have to though. I didn't realize how lucky I am that Cannon still naps! I'll count my blessings (and keep my fingers crossed)
Yay for a house! Congrats! You can't stop blogging! Especially now that I'm back in the blog world (thats the plan) and you have big changes and I want to read all about them. Well I hope you find balance and good luck on the move.
Congrats on your new home. How exciting!! And yep, def gets harder. Good luck with everything!