Crossing Over


Yesterday at exactly noon my remarkable grandmother Mary Jane Ellsworth crossed over to heaven at age 99! She lived with us about half of the year from the time I was in high school until I was married and in all those years I never saw anything but smiles or heard anything but laughter, kindness and contentment. Her sense of adventure could not be matched and even at age 96 she joyfully got on the back of a wave runner with Burke at Bear Lake and "whoppied!" with delight across the water. When Daphne was a baby I had the great privilege of spending her nap time nearly every day for two years working on scanning pictures, interviewing Grandma on the phone or in person and writing her life history. She has inspired me beyond words and I will forever be grateful for that special chapter in my life dedicated to preserving her life for future generations. This only daughter of an only daughter left behind an enormous legacy of 6 children, 46 grandchildren, 134 great grandchildren (+5 on the way) and 1 great great grandchild on the way - all who praise her name and call our dear GG blessed. So looking forward to honoring her life on Saturday and being reunited with her descendants.








Comments