Alan David - 9 Months Old



Dearest Alan David,

Nine months old already and this is your first letter from Mama.  I do hope you and Darcie (and any future brothers or sisters) will forgive me for setting such a high bar with monthly letters to Daphne the first year of her life and being so hopelessly unable to reach that same level of documentation with each subsequent child.  I hope you know the adoration for your precious milestones and dreamy babyhood have been no less real and it has been with great joy and love that I have watched you grow these past nine months.  Can you believe you have transformed from this miniature 4 lbs, 8 ounce newborn to a 15 pounds?!  You amaze me.

Alan, your name perfectly suits you.  You truly are our "Little Rock".  Constantly calm, steadily sweet.  

Oh dear, I had plans to write a great long letter, but Darcie has decided to skip her nap and she and Daphne are already squabbling.  I know if I don't publish this now, I won't have a chance to get back to this for days, weeks or even months!  Let me just say that you are so cherished, so loved little man.  How grateful we are every day that you were allowed to come to our family.  Grow on little one.

Love you forever and always,

Your Mama






Comments