One Last Impulse Buy!

We're down to 36 days folks! Although I am counting down every blasted day, getting more and more excited to be married to my sweetheart, I have also had to come to terms with a couple of the minor things I will be giving up after we get married: talking about love until 2 AM with my girlies, watching So You Think You Can Dance without Burke complaining and impulsive shopping trips.
Yesterday Mom asked me to pick up Tasha's shoes for Senior Ball at the mall. I noticed as I walked in the trendy shop that there was a "buy one get one half off" sale, so as long as I was there and getting shoes for Tash, I thought I might as well browse around. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just admiring the button on this shoe or the heel on that one and then suddenly....I found them! Gleaming with shiny blue magnificence - far beyond ridiculous and even farther from practicality! I had no will power! They drew me onward, compelling my finger to reach out and touch the witch-like points, stroke the rhinestone studded buckle and ultimately carry them to the counter, swipe my debit card and sign my name all the while pleading, "Love me! Love me!" They are a symbol of my last single days and the foolishness that a married woman is not allowed to posses.

I got them home, minced around in them for a bit to the background of Mom's head shaking and Tasha's giggles. I snapped some pictures to document their horrid glory and then with a sigh, I placed them back in their box despite their desperate pleas. *Sigh* I'm taking them back today, but that five minutes of kitchen twirling were just enough for my frugal side to kick in and remind me...a shoe is a shoe, no matter how blue!

P.S. I think the pointy shoes are so ugly! I still can't figure out why I was so drawn to them! :)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Erica said…
How can Burke hate SYTYCD?!?!?! I'm seriously counting down the days til that wonderful show it back on. I can barely contain my excitment.

Also, I dig the shoes. I have a closet full of ridiculous, who-would-seriously-ever-wear-those shoes. I can't believe you returned them. But you're a better person then I am obviously..I would have kept them no matter how guilty I felt.
Mindy said…
Hahahahahaha!! I love that you bought them! I love that you then promptly returned them! P.s. Yes, my fam got your announcement!! Super cute! YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED! AH! :)