Ring'a'bling'bling

When Burke and I decided we were headed towards marriage I told him right off the bat I wanted the ring to be a complete suprise. Call me old fashioned, but my preference was for Burke to pick out a ring he thought would be suitable for me. The only advice I gave him was that I liked white gold and leaned towards circle and ovals cuts versus squares and horeshoes (seriously, I served a lady a few months ago who had a ring with diamonds in the shape of a horseshoe!).

The funny thing was, I wasn't even nervous! I knew Burke would pick the perfect ring for me and he did! I absolutely love it and can't wait to get my actual ring in as the one I am wearing temporarily is a few sizes too big with a suspended bit of metals inserted to make it fit for the time being. We went to the jewelers this weekend to make sure the mold of the smaller band would fit and Burke asked me to look around to see if there was anything else I liked better. Just to be nice I looked at a couple other rings and tried one on, but I honestly didn't see a single piece of jewelry in that shop I would rather be wearing then the one he chose! Good work Burkie!

More importantly than a nice sparkly diamond on my finger that catches my eye and distracts me several times a day, I love my ring for all that it symbolizes; love, integrity and commitment, but most of all the eternal cirlce that reminds me that Burke and I will be together forever. June 6th can't come fast enough!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Hey Emily! How fun that Burke picked your ring out!! He did an awesome job, way to go Burke!!
Erica said…
See, I'm old fashioned too. I wanted Daren to pick mine out. But him being the wuss(I mean it in the kindest of ways) he is he knew he wouldn't be able to pick out what I wanted(white gold and not a solitaire were my wants, not hard...) So well, I ended up pretty much picking it out. Kudos to Burke for doing as you say! haha Diamonds truly are a girls best friend!