A Home Where You're Always Welcome

I've been meaning to write for quite some time about how awesome it is to live in the same city with this darling family. When Burke and I were dating they welcomed me into their home with loving arms. Then when Burke broke up with me briefly (*ahem* not bitter* ahem*) my precious niece Lydia saw me crying and decided to cheer me up with a cure all: dance party in the kitchen to ABBA! Cassie was so supportive and loving even when my change of mind to move home to Logan drastically altered the flow of her semester (*sorry, again*).



When Burke and I decided that home for the first few years of our marriage would be St. George I was upset at first that I wouldn't be able to finish my education at Utah State and live close to the Bush family, but as always the Lord knows exactly where we should be and where we will grow the most. It has been such a comfort as I have transitioned to married life down here to have my wonderful sister just a 10 minute drive away. If I don't see her at least once a week it starts to feel like an eternity and I have to get my carcass over to the Riding household to talk with her about all the latest happenings and play with Lydia and Emmett! And of course when Dan the Man is home, his sarcastic humor always makes Burke and I laugh!

Cassie, as all who know her can attest, is the most thoughtful woman alive! She is constantly bringing us thoughtful baked goods or her amazing pomegranate jelly. Just a few weeks ago she gave me an early Christmas gift by taking me and my awesome sister-in-laws (Catherine and Danelle) to a Time Out For Women conference. It was so much fun to spend time with the girls and such a spiritual pick-me-up.

Emmett and I have gotten to be quite the pair! Every time he sees me now his face lights up in a grin and he will either start squawking for me or start giggling and reaching for me! It is the sweetest thing and always makes me feel so special. I hope he always loves me this much! Lydia is more content to play with her princess dolls, but I still adore her and love it when I can get her to talk with me and show me her latest tricks/moves. What a doll. Thank you Riding family for taking such good care of us and always making us feel welcomed!

Comments

Katie said…
Oh I loved that post! Cassi really is so sweet, I loved staying at her house that one time, she was so good to us!