Suprise #2

For those of you who don't know...WE'RE GOING TO FRANCE!!! Here's how this joyful adventure came into existence. The first week of school this past semester Burke came home from class with a big 'ol grin on his face. Of course I questioned him and he simply smirked, "How would you like to live in France for 2 months?" My jaw dropped and I think I may have squealed like a little piggy! As it turns out, SUU (where Burke is enrolled for his Masters in Business) is now offering a seven week program at a university in Paris where you can take all of your elective credits for the MBA and come home with a degree from both Paris and SUU. The semester will begin May 24 and go through July 7 with class Mon-Wed, leaving Thurs-Sun free for traveling (and homework of course)! Talk about an incredible opportunity. Me, being my impulsive self immediately replied, "Let's DO it!"

Since then we've been penny pinching, trying to make this dream a reality. I wasn't sure if my work would hold my position for me, but after praying and approaching the Trimbles with the prospect, they have been wonderfully supportive and agreed to save my job for me! Meanwhile, Burke has been trying to find the right time to tell Sunfirst Bank about the trip. We both realize that jobs are hard to come by these days, but so are opportunities like this (at least while we're still childless). It's still up in the air if the bank will have a spot for him when we return, but we feel really good about moving forward.


Here's where surprise #2 comes in. This year the Adam's family decided rather than doing gifts from siblings to each other that we would all chip in the money we would have spent to help a family in need. The day after Christmas we were all sitting around when our niece, Kate, came up with a package and a card and lisped, "Here, 'sis is for you Auntie Em." I was a little embarrassed as everyone was staring at us, but proceeded to open the package while Burke opened the card. Inside was a miniature Eiffel Tower key chain and as I turned to show Burke I saw that he held a card with a picture of the Eiffel Tower on front while inside was all of the money the family had chipped in for a "family in need." I was absolutely flabbergasted and I still have not gotten over how incredibly generous and kind the Adams family were in our behalf. All I could do was bawl and Burke got pretty quiet, the way he always does when he's trying not to get emotional. He later said that act of charity on our behalf has sparked him to want to make the most of this opportunity so that we can do similar good deeds for as many others as possible in the future. Thank you Adams family for helping us make this dream come true! We are forever grateful!

Paris, anyone?

Comments

Katie said…
WAHOOOO! I'm SO excited for you guys!!!!