Second Annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party

Despite the insanity of my last week of school and the looming presence of finals, Burke and I decided to throw our Second Annual Ugly Sweater Christmas Party after the oodles of fun we had putting it on last year.  It just so happens that the best night to hold the party coincided with my 23rd birthday on December 10th.

It was a great day, starting with a delicious breakfast made by the Burkester as I got ready for school.  He very sweetly gave me the latest Taylor Swift CD (yahoo!), despite the fact that he is not exactly a fan of her music and hates to promote my "tween" tendencies.  I have to admit, about half the CD sounds exactly like her last 2 albums.  Lame.  However, track number 8, "Never Grow Up" brought tears to my eyes and I will shamelessly play it to my babies, pleading for them to stay little!


After class, Cassie, Lydia and Emmett took Burke and I to yummy birthday lunch at Cafe Rio.  Lydia rang my doorbell and proceeded to sing a darling (and loud) solo of happy birthday - what a doll!  It was a treat to eat a tasty meal with my sweet sister and her darling babies! 

As we prepped the house for our guests, my talented sister-in-law Catherine showed up with the most incredible birthday gift - an Ugly Sweater Birthday Cake!  It was absolutely amazing (not to mention hilarious) and I was touched she would spend so much time to make the perfect centerpiece for our little shindig. 
For those of you who don't know, this cake is especially hilarious because of the quote bubble from El Guapo's famous line, "It's a sweater!"  (If you have not seen the clip from "Three Amigos" that this comes from, please go HERE and please ignore the poor quality of the video.)


Throwing our heinous, yet golden DI sweaters on, we welcomed our guests to an array of  goodies.  We missed some of our good friends who couldn't make it, and especially those who have moved away in the past few months, but had a great time with those who could come!


This year, the Ugly Sweater Award went to Kristen's hideous safari sweater, with Kevin' tiger apparatus as close second.  Everyone else looked too cute to even compete, although I think Burke's velvet green, brown and black hounds tooth was pretty awful.


Afterwards Burke and I took a few minutes to lounge in the light of our Charlie Brown Christmas tree and "huggled" (my new favorite word when I want Burke to snuggle/cuddle/and hold me all at once) - feeling so grateful that I married such an amazing man who makes me feel special every single day, not just on the holidays.  I am one lucky little lady.

Comments

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was way fun! You deserve a great one.
Unknown said…
looks like so much fun:) I love ugly sweater parties :)