November Happenings 2014

A few events from November.  Mostly I just took care of my two lil' babes and adjusted to life as a family of four.

1) This was after a loooong day where I got peed on and thrown up on.  Awesome.  I ordered a pizza from a little place in Enoch called "The Hub" that we had never tired before.  I was so looking forward to not cooking when Burke showed up with that minuscule pizza above and we had a good laugh


2) There was a parade in town at the start of November called the "Storybook Cavalcade" where each of the floats and people dressed up represented stories.  I mostly held Darcie and tried to cover her ears from the blaring marching bands, but I managed to pull out the camera when Daphne gave hi-fives to the Star Wars storm troopers.



3) I can't believe we had been in Cedar for over a year before we found this park.  It's called "Discovery Park" and it reminds me a lot of "Ryan's Park" in River Heights.  We went as a family on a Saturday and then again with Hallie and Luke the next week.  The only thing I don't like about it is that once the kids go up onto the higher levels, it's hard to see them and with all the twists and turns they could suddenly be on the opposite side of the playground from you feeling lost and scared.  This will probably be a little more fun for them when they get a few years older.  


4) Spent hours trying to rake up half of the leaves in our yard (that pile does not look impressive, but I promise it was a lot of work!) and then ended up just mowing the rest of them which is what I should have done in the first place.  Daph was a big helper.


5)  For Thanksgiving this year, we were in Parowan with the Adams family.  It was a chill day with terrific food, puzzles and conversation.  We didn't take many pictures, but here are a few.



6)  Daphne has been trying to sound out and spell words on her own.  This was one of my favorite attempts when she drew a picture of Burke and tried to spell "Dad" above, but it turned out "Dud" - ha!

Comments