Memorial Day - May 2015

Attempted family photo.  Daphne at it again.

In May we received the sad news that Milan Grant (my brother-in-law Dixon's little brother) had passed away.  Dixon was flying all the way from Singapore for the funeral and Burke and I decided to drive to Logan to be there to support the Grant Family and share our love for them in the midst of such a hard time.  The funeral was very moving and I was glad to learn a little about the happy, talented child Milan had been and all the joy he had brought to their family as well as hear some of the lessons learned from him later on in life.  It was so good to see Dixon, even briefly as we hadn't been with him since July of 2013.

The rest of our time in Logan was beautiful.  I couldn't get over how GREEN it was up there after such a wet spring.  On Sunday we drove out to the Paradise Cemetery to visit a few family graves and we were in awe of the beauty.  If I could live anywhere in the world, I would buy a piece of land up on a hill in Paradise and marvel at the beauty of God's creations every day!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Daphne, Mom, Amy and I playing with the awesome bead set Mumsie got for Daphne's birthday.

Daphne looking for Grandpa.  She adores him.

Baby toupee via Kaleo's hair.

View from my parent's deck.  I have NEVER seen Cache Valley that green so late in the Spring.

Sunday drive to Paradise Cemetery.

Dad giving me the history on our ancestors buried in Paradise, Grandpa Bush and Papa, the group minus Mama taking the picture.

My beautiful Mother and I.

Someone loves her Daddy.

Comments