All The Heart Eyes

When I showed Burke this little collage he said, "What does that even mean?" I see people online saying this all the time.  As in they would have to use a million heart eye emoji smilies to express how much they love something!  Hopefully that made sense to someone else out there. Ha!

I've been so concerned about documenting the rest of our experience with the twins, that I keep putting off the joy of recording who my little people are right now.  When I only had Daphne, I was a master recorder.  Every month she got a letter on the blog documenting her latest milestones and interests.  As much as I would have loved to do that for Darcie and Alan, the reality is that there is hardly a moment to myself and I simply do not have the time or energy right now to write lengthy letters each month to all three children.  I hope they will forgive me of this when they are grown and know that the desire was there, just not the time!

However, tonight, I want to simply record a "snapshot" of who they are, right now, today.  Sometimes I get so frustrated with the spills and the screaming and the potty accidents that I forget to see my children as the gifts they are - unique, precious and priceless.  When I write these letters, it helps me to zone in on the things I love about my children and reminds me that  I am one lucky Mama.

*See the next 3 posts for what our little people are like these days.

Comments