Daphne's Own Words

A couple of weeks ago Burke was gone to an Elder's Quorum meeting and I finally had all 3 kids in bed and a moment to myself.  I left the dishes in the sink and turned on the computer to blog.  A few minutes later, I heard soft little feet behind me and turned to see Daphne sneaking in with a hesitant smile, unsure if I would let her stay or take her straight back to bed.  I smiled at her in return, not completely burned out from the day and she scurried to my side asking, "What are you doing Mommy?"  I told her that I was trying to write about the things that had happened with baby Aiden.  I told her I didn't want to forget what we had experienced and felt.  I read her a little of what I was writing and she interrupted with, "Mom, I don't want to forget what I remember either!"  She asked if I would write down her memories, so I did.  Below are her sweet words that I typed up.  She made sure I didn't alter a thing and was pleased with the final product.  Love that sweet girl more than words.

***

Remember how Lyndee heard Aiden had died and she said, "We prayed and we prayed and still Aiden died!"  Remember, she cried a lot Mom.

So, I was like, "where are the babies?!" And that was when Lyndee said that.

I remember when you were crying.  And I remember about how Aiden would look the same as Alan.  A lot.  And also, I still I miss Aiden.

I wish that Aiden would come.  But still we can have a family.

And I remember when I was sad, always when Aiden died.

(Here she started talking about the day we buried him...)

All the kids were throwing flowers (*laughs*).  That was funny because they kept on throwing more and more and more.

Daddy said the glove was our body and his hand was the spirit.  And he took off the glove and our bodies were gone.  But Aiden''s spirit was still there.

I love when we moved into this house.  And I loved our tramp.  I love our family.  And I love having a family together forever

Comments