Not My Holiday

Truth be told, I think Halloween is the weirdest holiday ever.  Sure it's fun to dress up and carve pumpkins, but I have never gotten into the morbid corpses, satanic decorations and maniacal laughter.  Weirdly, not my thing.  

As of today I have been sick for 3 weeks (argh!), so I wasn't up for getting decked out on Halloween, but on Friday Burke and I managed to get out of the house to see our nieces and nephew at their ward trunk or treat and then we went home for some pumpkin carving while watching the new Karate Kid.  If you couldn't tell, I was trying to make an elephant - look close! Burke's guitar turned out great and the buck-toothed cyclops on the opposite side was also a success.


Saturday night we joined my in-laws at Catherine's house for a little Halloween get-together.  Cath is so dang creative and had the table looking awesome skeleton plates, goodies, pumpkins, bats hanging from the ceiling, a green ice hand for the drinks and Halloween shaped cooked for us to decorate.  I loved little Lyndee's Korean Geisha dress that her Uncle brought her home from his mission.  Such a good time.


I suppose we'll get more into Halloween when we have kids of our own, but it was pretty laid back this year.


Comments

Every holiday is fun once you have kids! Hope you start feeling better!