Young Women in Excellence

On Tuesday night we had our Young Women in Excellence night, organized by one of our amazing Laurels (Aspen Gailey) who has already finished her Personal Progress and is now doing 40 hours of service to receive her Honor Bee (a new extension to Personal Progress).  The theme of the night was "Spiritual Butterflies" and Apsen did a fantastic job describing how the young women should spread their wings and let their inner beauty shine when they are spiritually in tune with Heavenly Father.  

(Back Row (L-R): Aspen Gailey, Brinlee Gailey, Angela Miner, Ahnalisse Paul, Rebecca McDonald, Rachel Paul,
Front Row: Salina Carey, Lily Carey, Amanda Atherton, Rebecca Miner, and Tara Reid)

 This night marks one year since all of us leaders were called to be in YWs and it is rewarding to see how much progress we have made in our callings as well as our relationships with the girls and each other.  I have a great love for these young women, the amazing leaders I work with and I can testify that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of these girls.  He loves them immensely and it just breaks my heart to see their insecurities and struggles when they don't recognize how special they are.  It has become increasingly important to me to do everything I can to help them to discover their potential and to help them stay true to the gospel. I feel a great responsibility being their leader and hope I can make a difference in some of their lives.  What a tender time of life they are in!

Comments

Unknown said…
Emily I can totally see you as a Young Women leader- I bet you're amazing at it! ")