Tasha's Wedding


Tasha and Zach - one of my favorites of their engagement photos

When my baby sister, Tasha, got home from her mission at the end of August and was talking a week later about getting married to a man she had never been on a date with, I was a WEEEEEEEE bit concerned.  The next few months were a whirlwind for Tasha - engaged in October and married on December 20 and off to a new life in Florida by the end of December!  With Tasha and I being the babies of the family as kids #7 and #8, I think I took this news a bit harder than the rest of the family.  I won't pretend that I didn't have major concerns.  However, Zach and Tasha are doing great and I discovered along the way that I could either get on board or I would miss out on this happy time in Tasha's life - I chose to get on board. :)

The happy couple

On December 17, we drove up to Salt Lake where we spent a couple of days with the Kirbys (more on that later) and then on Friday, December 19, we finished our drive to Logan where I got to meet Zach and spend a couple of hours helping Tasha pack for her move.  That night there was a family dinner with the Bush and Loud families where we watched their wedding video, ate yummy Firehouse take out and had a chance to discuss memories and wish the couple well.

Some of the beautiful table displays Mom crafted with the help of Robin Williams.

As a final send off we lit about 10 floating lanterns and launched them into the sky symbolizing new beginnings and da-flame-of-love.


A bit of drama was added to the beautiful sight when a fuel cell dropped from one of the lanterns and landed on the church roof!!!  Ah!  Thank heavens my brother Gabe has an aspiration to be Spiderman and was able to freestyle his way up onto the roof and stomp out the flame before any damage took place.  Others ran to the church kitchen and passed pitchers of water up to him just to ensure no embers remained to burn the church to the ground - yikes!

The flame before Gabe got to it (left) and the boys helping Gabe back down after he made sure the fire was definitely out.

After putting babies to bed, we had a sister bachlorette party with the theme "first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage" (although they plan on waiting a few years for Zach to finish medical school before any little ones come along!).  We played some hilarious games and just enjoyed being together as sisters.  I went to bed late, was up several times with baby in the night and then got up about 5:30 AM to help Tasha with her makeup while her sweet friend (can't remember her name) did her hair.  It was fun to visit while doing her makeup and she looked absolutely beautiful as she left for the temple.

Side note: when I saw these pictures of myself I wanted to cry.  Yes, I had just gotten out of the shower and we were still in the newborn stage, so I was exhausted and chunky while everyone else looked so cute!  However, Burke once teased me about only posting pictures that I look good in, so I decided I had better put these on here because they capture some sweet moments and that's the important thing, not that I always look my best.  Real life folks.


At 8:30 AM Zach and Tasha were sealed in the Logan Temple for time and all eternity.  It was the first time all 10 members of my family and spouses (minus Dixon who was with the kids in Singapore) were all in the temple together.  I loved looking in the giant mirror across the room and seeing each of my siblings holding hands with their spouse, each so perfectly matched and happily married.  What a miracle that each of us have remained firm in our testimony of the gospel and have found spouses who are equally convicted to their covenants and one another.  I love that each of our in-laws fit so well into the family and look forward to getting to know Zach better as I'm sure he will be a wonderful addition as well.

Daphne snuggling with Daddy to keep warm while waiting for the grand exit outside of the temple.

Whitney was an angel and came to watch Darcie for us in the temple waiting room while we were at the sealing (thanks again Whit!) and the it was into the freezing air for a few quick pictures and on to a family luncheon at the church where the following pictures happened.

Back row: Karl, Devon, Dan, Zach, Tasha, Burke, Gabe, Elijah
Front Row: Chelsea, Amy, April, Cassie, Dad, Mom, Me, Ellen, Marinda
When did we all grown up?  This picture is so weird to me to realize we are all adults now with spouses and families of our own.  I genuinely love every single person in this photo! (Dixon is the only spouse missing or he would have been behind Chelsea on the far left)

My greatest loves

This kid.  Kills me.

Don't know what happened to Amy and Tasha for the sister shot.

Daphne and Amelia - BFF


All too soon the newly weds were packing up at the house and forced to join in a parting family song and well wishes until Zach's misery was ended and they were on their way!  Congratulations Tasha and Zach!  So glad we were able to share your special day with you.

Comments