Easter 2015

Best family shot we got out of about 10 on Easter Sunday

Truthfully, Easter Saturday was a bit of a disaster for us this year.  With Easter coinciding with General Conference for the LDS church, my parents were coming down to see Cassie and I, which I was thrilled about, but I also didn't want Burke to have to miss out on a few of his family traditions (including the Priesthood Session with his Dad and brothers).  I decided that I would kill two birds with one stone and invite everyone (my parents, the Riding family and all of Burke's family) to come to our house for an Easter Egg Hunt and dinner after the second session of conference.  I figured that way we could all be together and then we could do activities for the women and kids while the men went to our Stake Center for the Priesthood Session.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that switching things up by having people come to Enoch instead of Parowan would cause major upheaval in the family.  Suffice it to say, we will NOT be hosting an event like that any time soon as the ripple effects were extremely uncomfortable for several people.  Who knew an attempt at family unity would create exactly the opposite!  Ugh.

However, it was lovely to have my parents here for conference on Sunday and Daphne still had a great time with her cousins during the egg hunt.  The following Sunday we decked the girls out in their matching Easter "cupcake" dresses which truly makes a mama want to eat them up!   Here's a few pictures from the two weekends.

Delicious and adorable chick deviled eggs courtesy of my M-I-L Marie.

During conference, Burke, Daphne and I put together these bunny jelly bean jar favors made out of baby food jars I had been saving.


Beautiful flowers I couldn't resist while shopping for food for the party.

Egg Hunters minus Luke, Collin and Zoey

The kids during the Easter Egg Hunt

The girls were NOT cooperating for a mini Easter photo shoot after church - they were done!











Checking out the Grimshaw's new "Easter Bunnies" on a Sunday evening walk

Dying eggs for Family Home Evening

Comments