March 2015

March 2015 Happenings

1. Kevin and Danelle's sweet baby boy, Blake Kevin Adams, was blessed on Sunday, March 1.  We had responsibilities at our ward so we drove up to Parowan for the blessing, back to Cedar for our ward and then back again for the luncheon.  Blake is a precious babe and as always I loved that Burke could be there to stand in the circle and participate in the baby blessing with his brothers and father.

2. We took Daphne sledding one day after Burke finished work over at Canyon View High School.  Actually, I stayed in the car with Darcie while Burke cheered Daphne on.  She took a pretty good spill (see video), but jumped right back up and went down a few more times.  Burke was so proud of her for not being afraid to try again.  That's one thing we love about Daphne, she always gets back in the saddle.




3. Daphne had Pajama Day at preschool and the next week they celebrated her birthday early (more on that later).  She was on Cloud 9.  I love how these little ones get so excited about special occasions!  It brings so much zest to our lives.

4. The Pizza Cart (hands down best pizza I have ever had in my life!) moved to an indoor location that we had to try out one night.  I absolutely loved the tree stumps they used for decor.


5. Baby Elise turned 1!  It was so fun to go down and celebrate her first birthday with the Ridings.  Cassie had her decked out in a hilarious ladybug outfit complete with polka dot leg warmers.  I wish I had taken pictures - she was so darling!  

6. My father-in-law, Alan, was recruited to be in a community theater production of "1776" at the Aladdin Theater in Parowan.  It was my first time in the theater, first time seeing that play and Alan's first time acting.  The show was both educational and moving, especially as the cast was predominately farmers from around Parowan Valley who are deeply patriotic.  Alan's classic line as the delegate from New York, "New York abstains, courteously!" is now a family one-liner.  

Top: Alan signing The Declaration of Independence.  Bottom Left: Alan in his New York delegate spot.  Bottom Right: Jimmy Ward (brother to Richard Shurtleff who was in our ward when we lived in Paris, France 5 years ago!) and Alan after performing in "1776".


7. Mike and LeeAnn asked us to watch their 4 girls on March 16 when they went to their first OB appointment in Cedar for Baby #5!  When they came to get the girls, they sat them down on the couch and gave a sucker to each of them and then pulled out a package of binkies and said the baby would have to suck on that instead.  Sadie freaked out immediately, but it took the little girls a bit longer to figure it out before the screams of elation began all around.  It was so fun to witness and we cannot wait to find out if they finally get a boy to take over the farm in October! :)  

8. Daphne drew this adorable picture and said, "Its me and Baby Darcie playing together.  See how we're best friends Mom?"   


9. Burke planted peppers in his hydroponic Aerogarden the first week of January.  They were so big by March that we had to transplant them into some pots and then in June we put them in the garden.  Unfortunately, they never did get over the shock of the transplanting, so the two peppers that they produced stopped growing and we haven't seen a bud since they've been in the garden.  Bummer.


10. All the hours of preparation for my first Relief Society Activity paid off!  Good turn out, great food, amazing bread demonstration by Alison Fitzgerald, smooth presentation by myself and an awesome lantern launch.  I blogged about it in detail HERE.


11. I finally bought a pair of Vibram's 5 Finger running shoes!  I didn't know you are supposed to only run a half a mile the first time in them and then build up from there, so the first day I used them I kicked out over 3 miles.  My calves were dying for a couple of days as a result!  I love them for short runs and exercise videos in the basement.


12. Daphne, Burke and I slept in a fort we made in the basement one night.  I wish you could have seen the way she looked at Burke with stars in her eyes when he agreed to sleep down there!  I only made it until midnight before my back couldn't take the floor anymore and then I made Burke carry Daph to bed so she wouldn't wake up scared without us beside her.


13. Cassie, Lydia and I had a wonderful time going to the Women's Broadcast together on Saturday, May 28.  We hit up The Pizza Factory beforehand where we devoured their amazing twisty bread sticks.  Those things are to die for!  We spent the night at the Riding's house that night as Cassie and I were singing, "I Marvel at the Miracle" in her ward's Easter program the next day.  It turned out beautifully.  I love the way our voices blend together!




Comments