Scorchin'

Greetings to one and all!

I've been absent from our blog for over a month now, but I think having 26 Bushlings under one roof, bridal showers, temple endowments, a wedding, a honeymoon, a move and job searching are all pretty good excuses, not to mention the fact that we don't have internet at our apartment yet.

Burke and I are happily settled into our sweet little two bedroom dwelling just 2 blocks from Sunfirst Bank (where Burke works as a loan processor) and 3 blocks from the temple. We love our little home and being with each other every day AT LAST!

The first few days I set our house into order, but for the past 3 weeks I have been pounding the pavement each day looking for a job. The prospects are bleak and I am lucky I have such a sweet husband to cheer me up when I get discouraged. Just to give you an idea, St. George was listed as the fourth highest city of unemployment in the entire United States this spring and it doesn't look like it will be loosing that spot any time soon. I was lucky enough to get a job interview out at Sun River - a retirement community of 5,000 senior citizens only 15 minutes down the road as a receptionist/event coordinator at the community center. I was stoked and even had a wonderful interview only to find out that the job would require me to work on Sundays. Burke and I talked it over, but the decision was clear as Burke explained, "The Lord doesn't give us commandments that we can't keep Emily. If we are to keep the sabbath day holy then we will find you a job that allows you to do so." I was so grateful that he is the kind of man who would rather have us striving to keep the commandments then landing a sweet job. So, I continue to pray and look for work. Hopefully something will come of all this hard work soon!

Meanwhile, St. George continues to be HOT HOT HOT and it sure makes me miss the cool summer mornings in Logan. Thank heavens for AC. Well, I have a lot of blogs to catch up on, so over the next few days I hope you all don't mind being inundated with past events. Loving and missing you all!

Comments

Marinda said…
I'm proud of you Lemy. And Burke, you are totally living up to my expectations. That comment shows you're exactly the kind of man I thought you were! Enjoy the sun!
Erica said…
Glad to see you didn't disappear! I'm so thankful for cool Logan mornings as well. St. George, I think I would die! Good luck with the job searching. Missing firehouse yet?? Except that bread is to dieeee for! I could have some right now...yum
Holly said…
So glad you have a blog, Emily! If you email me I will send you an invite to ours (if you want) hollyam@gmail.com. In the meantime I will be stalking yours!
-Burke's cousin Holly