Update # 2 - The Wedding - Saturday June 6th


I should have slept more the night before the wedding, but I had so many last minute projects to take care of: packing up the last of my things to move to St. George, letters of gratitude and love to write for my parents, my in-laws and my Burkie. I ended up crawling into bed around 3 in the morning and waking up at 6:30. It made me grateful that we had decided to take our bridals/groomals photos two weeks prior because no amount of makeup could hide the weariness in my eyes! Even so, I felt alert with the importance of the day and overwhelmed with the certainty that this was the right decision, to be married to the right man, in the right place, with the right authority.

The temple, like the week before at my endowment, was an amazing experience. I will never forget the way that sealing room appeared in my eyes with all of our family gathered from the 4 corners of the world to be there for this momentous occasion in our lives, all smiling at us with the same conviction in their eyes that I felt in my heart that this marriage is right and good and eternal. I can’t say that my love for Burke changed from the first word of the ceremony to the last – from fiancĂ©e to husband – because the commitment I had for him was just as strong and unshakable before as it was after. I can say that the joy I felt at being HIS and he being MINE at last was indescribable! All during the ceremony and throughout the rest of the day, I couldn’t take my eyes off my Alan Burke for more than 30 seconds at a time. No one will ever look as good as he did that day!

We had prayed long and hard that the weather (which had been stormy and dreary all week long) would clear up as our reception was outdoors in my parent’s backyard and I had no back up plan! When we excited the temple and took pictures with my steadfast girl friends, the wind was so strong that it was blowing all of their dresses up - Marylin Monroe style! But even with threatening clouds, the evening turned out even more beautiful than I had hoped and I need to publicly thank my incredible family (both Bush & Adams clans) as well as Susan Roberts for helping to turn the yard into such a magical backdrop. The raindrops waited to fall until the very last paper lantern was removed from the trees and the last string of twinkling white lights was being rolled.

My voice was hoarse by the end of the event and the bags under my eyes no longer hidden by makeup, but I was completely content with the outcome of the longest awaited day of my life! As Burke and I pulled away, I looked over at my brand new hubby and felt overwhelmed with so much love and gratitude. He’s my best friend, truest confidant, personal comedian, amor de mi vida, greatest example, protector, and now eternal companion. Does it get any better than that?! The answer my friends is no, no it simple does not.

Posted by Picasa

Comments