Black Mail


A couple of weeks ago Burke's parents brought down a bunch of boxes of his things that have been in storage in the barn for...oh...the past ten years.  I guess they got sick of storing his junk, so these boxes ended up in our storage closet outside and have been in the back of my mind ever since.  Yesterday, I finally gave into my OCD itch to get it all organized.  I bought a couple of storage containers and a box of 50 files and got to work.  I was appalled at the scattered contents of the boxes: mismatched socks (why were those in there?!), receipts from 1995, horseshoe tossing trophies, sick crispy bug bodies and a thick coating of dust on everything.  When Burke got home, I gave him 20 minutes to relax and then mercilessly put him to work.  He was a good sport as it took about 5 hours, but we condensed all of his mission letters, public school memorabilia, insurance info, etc and they are now filed away into three small storage boxes.  This is a great accomplishment due to the fact that my hubby is a bit of a pack rat!  The best part about all this was coming across some sweet golden nuggets of black mail.  *Mischievous Grin*  Take a look below for one of my favorite high school gems.

Hello 1999 Preference Dance!  Nothing speaks romance quite like this sweater-vest, pained smile and friendly ET canvas all captured in a priceless photo.  Truly classic.  Burke's gonna kill me.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice! hahahah :)
Katie said…
Haha ET background? Classic!
Whitney said…
Dan totally had the same vest!
Hilarious! I am so glad that you commented on my blog so that I could find yours! I love reading people's blogs. You lived in Paris for a semester? Jealous! Where did your husband get his MBA from? Stephen is thinking about doing that down the road, the semester abroad is noted, I would love to do that!