Josie Jo-Lu

Throughout the years I have been able to count some very special people as close friends.


I remember so many good times with these wonderful girls being silly and serious and spiritual together.


We went to dances, made movies, cheered at sporting events, watched chick flicks, plotted pranks, did each others hair, performed in musicals and choir concerts and eventually graduated together.


College brought new avenues, new lessons to learn and new wonderful friendships.


I naively believed that I would always be able to stay in close contact with my dear girls who have meant so much to me and helped me become the person I am today.  But the drift is inevitable I suppose and it has become increasingly difficult to stay in touch with these sweet girls.  Of course it's not that you don't care for these people, it's just that everyone gets busy and we get caught up in our own adventures, traveling down our individual road.  Jobs and college take people far away, weddings happen, babies come along and soon you're lucky if you hear from each other once every 6 months! 




However, there are a couple of dear friends who have beat the odds and I have managed to stay in close contact with.  One of those is this lovely girl right here.



This is my darling Joslyn Rebecca Olsen!  Josie and I have been friends for over ten years now since we met in 6th grade orchestra class.  Josie and I were not inseparable nor did we manage to make it through the years without having to make apologies and repairs to our friendship, but I believe that is what has made it so long lasting.  Sure, we have had our tears because of each other, but also in behalf of one another.  She held my hand while we waited to see who would make the leads for the musical and I cheered loud and long when won her elections.

In the last few years I feel that our adult personalities have grown together perfectly!  Jo-lu is one of those people who you just can't help but adore!  She is hilarious for one, incredibly giving and service-oriented and probably the most ambitious person I know (Masters degree at age 21...uh...stop making us all look so bad!).  Jo is very smart and compassionate and I feel like I always have the most enlightening conversations with her.  I feel so lucky to have been her friend for so many years and to feel closer to her now than ever!  So why am I feeling inspired to blog about her now?  Because I am missing her like crazy!  She has chosen to serve a mission and is 3 months into her call in Oakland, California.  I wish I could call her up and talk to her about my crazy professors, the hilarious thing an 8th grader said in practicum today or compare Europe stories.  She can't even see this (no blogging on the mish), but I just had to document how grateful I am for my  Josie Jo-Lu and her loyalty over the years.  I hope you are all lucky enough to have a friend like this.  

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends,
And say my glory was I had such friends." 

-William Yeats



"I count myself in nothing else so happy
As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends." 

-William Shakespeare

Comments

cute post! Everyone loves josie- and how exciting about her mission!
...good friends are the best!
Anonymous said…
:) I love the post very cute pics :) xoxox stef