A Rough One

You know you're in for a rough semester when the professor walks in and says, "Ok, let's talk about all the rumors you have heard about this "awful" course and the things you're afraid about" and then proceeds to pass out a handout full of stress coping strategies.  I've been super nervous about this semester because it's the beginning of the application of all the knowledge I've been filing away into my brain the past several years.  I've had all of these scary questions bouncing around my head like; Am I really capable of teaching?  Will I be able to infuse the passion I have for the English language in even one kid?  What if no one takes me seriously cause I'm such a midget?!

To help me feel better and to carry on traditions of our families, Burke gave me a nice back to school blessing on Sunday night.  It helped me calm down and remember the importance of having confidence in my abilities, how good I have felt about this route, certain lines in my patriarchal blessing as well as all the people on sidelines who want me to succeed.  I know I still have a lot to learn, but I'm starting to realize that's the whole point!  Of course I'm not a master teacher yet because I haven't had enough practice.  I'll start to panic when I still feel like a novice after a year of practice!  Growth is a good thing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck hun! Of course you'll be a great teacher!!! Sending light and love :) xoxox