Daph Stats: Week 3-4

My Dearest Daph-nie-nie,

Look at you grow my little bean stalk!  I don't have specific stats for you, but my goodness you already feel and look so huge to me compared to just a couple of week ago.  I look forward to having you recognize that I'm your mama and showing off more of your personality, but I also am so sad to think of you getting too big for me to coddle and cuddle some day.  Take your time little one.  


Daph, you are so precious when you are waking up from a deep sleep.  You throw your neck back and clench your fists next to your head as you purse your lips and squint your eyes tight as can be, tensing every muscle in your body.  Daddy and I laugh every time and try to catch it on film before you throw yourself back again.


You already seem to be developing a love for music.  On the morning of your blessing day we put on the Mo-Tab and you listened to the choir and Grandpa sing with the sweetest, most content look on your face for a good 45 minutes.  When you're fussy and I sing to you, you calm right down.  Daddy likes to strum you tunes on the six string - you've got a front row seat to all of his private concerts.  


Boy does Dad like to tease you!  When you're hungry he likes to tempt you with his nose.  It ticks you off pretty good.  You're definitely Daddy's little princess and he adores snuggling you as soon as he gets home from work.  Everyone says you look like him.  I especially see him in you when you do a quizzical look and raise your eyebrows just like him.  I hope some day I'll see some of my features in you too. 


You sure are loved little lady.  Especially by your cousins and most especially by cousin Lydia.  She calls you Daph-a-ne and giggles and coos over every little thing you do.  You're going to be buds for sure.  Sadie and Macie are constantly wanting to hold you and everyone says how pretty you are.  Dad and I sure think so.

  You still sleep with your hands straight up.  I wonder if that's how you were in the womb.  You get the hiccups on a daily basis and look so frustrated when each little burp sends your chest flying.  You are smiling more and more, but not really at us yet.  Although you're probably just figuring out your face muscles it sure makes me happy when a smile flickers across your face.  You've even giggled a couple of times in your sleep - it is so darling!  You are also the proud new owner of a belly button!  That stubborn raisin clung on by a thread for several days until I gave it a "nudge" and it finally came off on day 24.


You are alert alert alert!  Once Daddy gets home you usually stay awake for five or six hours until bedtime.  Pretty impressive.  Some of my favorite times together is when you are laying calmly on my shoulder gazing around at everything in the room.  I love watching you discover this world and being amazed by every sight ans sound.  It gives me new appreciation for the simple things I "see" but don't give any notice to on a daily basis.  You help me slow down.


The crazy thing is, even as you have become a little more fussy, I don't get annoyed with you.  I always just want to help you feel happy and secure.  Believe it or not, but your cry is actually very sweet as well.  This certainly may change, but for now I'm still enchanted by you - even when you're a fuss pot!  Grow on little one.

Love You Forever and Always,

Your Mama

Comments

Unknown said…
Sooo cute!! It is sad how fast they grow!!