Tuhacan

Sometimes I blanch at spending a huge chunk of money on theater tickets, but 90% of the time it is SO worth it! On Friday night I went with some of my family who were down for the weekend for Daphne's baby blessing to see "The Little Mermaid" at Tuhacan's amazing outdoor theater.  I was a little worried about leaving Daphne with Burke for the first time, but apparently she didn't miss me for a second as she slept the whole time!

Tuhacan never disappoints with the amazing backdrop of towering red rock cliffs, the twinkling stars overhead and all the incredible special effects that they utilize for each show.  I had never seen them flood the stage until last year's show of "Aida" and so I was surprised when the giant flood came across the stage directly after the overture and a huge ship came on stage!  Next they wowed us by having a 40 foot water curtain of rain every time there was a scene "under the sea".  The costumes were incredible complete with each of the sea creatures on roller skates so they could glide across the stage and look like they were swimming.  It was fun to see my old high school friend Bronwyn on stage as one of the mermaid sisters and ensemble - it's always fun to be watching for someone.  The kids were enthralled and I was thoroughly impressed.  Thanks for letting me sit next to you Kaleo and Lydia - these sweet little girls' gasps and excitement made the show even better!

Comments