Daphne's Baby Blessing

On Sunday, July 3, Daphne was given her baby blessing by my Alan Burke.  I will forever have a mental picture of my husband holding our infant daughter up for the ward to see, her head slumped over in sleep, looking completely angelic in her lace blessing dress.  I loved seeing my incredible Dad and Father-in-law, as well as Grandpa Pug and the brother-in-laws (Karl Kirby, Dan Riding, Mike Adams and Kevin Adams) join in a circle and place their hands on Daphne's tiny head.  Burke did a wonderful job, blessing her with beautiful things, but saying only what he felt prompted to say.  It's probably a good thing I'm not the one to give the blessing because I think I might be tempted to bless her with things I never had such as grace, tact or understanding geometry. Burke did a beautiful job.


Unfortunately, soon after the blessing there was a parade of craziness during testimony meeting.  I must admit, I vainly wanted all the family visiting to see what an amazing ward we have.  We seriously have the most kind and loving ward members, but for some reason sacrament meeting was extremely strange.  I felt that "on edge" kinda feeling the whole meeting where you can't look at the speakers because you're so embarrassed for them you'll start blushing!  Ugh - I know you all know the feeling I'm talking about!


Besides that and the sweltering St. George heat, it was a lovely day.  My sister-in-law Catherine was kind enough to host a luncheon at her home and we were able to share a meal with our loved ones who came to support us and celebrate Daphne's birth.  I didn't feel like I got to really spend much time with anyone for more than a minute or two, but please know that I was so grateful for all of you being there for such a special day.


We sure love this lil' darlin'!

Comments

Jaimee Anderson said…
Emily, you look just as adorable as Daphne. Your mama eyes just sparkle--you look as happy and beautiful as ever!