So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!


This past weekend we made a quick trip up to Logan for Tasha's missionary Farewell.  We were there just a little over 36 hours, but we still managed to pack quite a lot into that time frame.  On Saturday I went jogging with my sisters.  We laughed an awful lot and I was reminded once again of why I love them so much!  Dad, Burke, Daphne and I then went up to Grandpa Bush's new house to take a tour and visit.  It's a beautiful home and it was nice to hear about Grandpa's trip to Washington D.C. last month to visit Uncle Doug's family.  My Grandpa is not usually a man of many words, but he talked freely with us and I was glad we made the effort to go see him.  After running errands with Daddy and a big lunch, all of the ladies went shopping while the menfolk watched the babies.  It was hilarious and exhausting (I'm not a huge shopper to begin with and 3 hours is a bit too long for me!) to be out with all of us and I came away with a few new favorite sister quotes ("No, no, no, that shoe shows way too much toe cleavage!  You're toes are just so well endowed." Ha!).  My sisters & Mama are so much fun!


We returned to a lovely spring afternoon to find everyone outside enjoying the beautiful weather.  We blew bubbles, shot potato guns courtesy of Gramsie, and played Leprechaun Ball.  Daphne had escaped from her pack'n'play 10 times (we caught it on film!  I'll be posting it in a few days and Mike thinks we need to submit it to America's Funniest Home Videos - it is so dang funny!) and got away with no nap, so Burke and I made our traditional Gossner's Cheese Factory run before dinner.  Then it was home, song practice for the farewell, bedtime for the babies and Talking Stick for the adults.  I love hearing my family's thoughts and feeling in this special way.


The next day we all got to church on time (miracle of miracles!) and I was so proud of my baby sis who shared such a beautiful talk on the long road that led her to serving a mission.  She has grown up so much the past few months and I couldn't be happier at the decision she has made to serve.  She will do a fantastic job out there!  The whole family then sang a unique arrangement of "If You Could Hie to Kolob" with the little nieces and nephews stealing the hearts of the congregation on their group solo.  Tasha and Dad also played one verse with just the piano and the violin that was just gorgeous!  The rest of the church meetings were uplifting and edifying and Daphne did so well in nursery with her cousins at her side.

All too soon we were celebrating St. Patty's day in style (more on that when I get pictures from Cassie), loading the car and driving home.  The trip was way too fast, but I was grateful to be there to support Tasha Rasha Ruby as she heads out on this exciting new chapter of her life.  Tampa, Florida, you're getting a great addition!

Comments