What is WRONG with people?!

My Mom hand-me-downed this weight bench to Burke and I over a year ago.  We haven't used it all that much and I know we won't have room for it when we downsize to a smaller place in a few months.  So I thought, "Hey, wouldn't it be fun to sell it on that Mesquite Yardsale Facebook Group and then take my parents out to dinner with the mula we make from it when they're down next week?"  Great idea, right?  Little did I know I was in for major Facebook contention today by this simple post.  Yet another reason to get off the stupid thing.  I hope you don't think I was too snobby (and I totally talked myself up, which re-reading it makes me blush...can't believe I got so worked up about it!) when I told the girl I had been places and seen things. I just wanted to get the point across that making judgments about people when you know nothing about them and their lives is pretty narrow minded.  Ugh.  I hate confrontation!


Workout Bench with 96 pounds in weights - $65
Workout Bench with 96 pounds in weights - $65

Like ·  ·  · Yesterday at 9:54am
  • Guiermo Aguirre Rocha likes this.
  • Greg Elton would you take 50
  • Christina Linda I'll take for $60
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • Christina Linda Are the weights cement or steel plates?
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like
  • Jennifer Conklin I'll take it for $65, can I pick up today? Txt me at 702-884-2674
  • Emily Adams Hi everyone - a gal inboxed me about the bench right after I posted it. She's coming to look at it today, but if she isn't interested I'll let the next in line know (which would be Jennifer Conklinsince she had the highest bid - thanks!)
  • Tonya Diefenderfer It's pretty stupid it's a Yardsale not a bidding site! I think Greg asked first and he's not second in line afte the person who inboxe you? Im sure he would of given you the 60 you said you'd accept. You're just ignorant
    2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
  • Jennifer Conklin I'm sorry, I don't see where she said she'd take $60. It was Christina who said she would take for $60 and Emily is the one selling them. Did I miss comments somewhere?
  • Emily Adams Tonya Diefenderfer - Definitely not trying to offend. Greg asked if I would take $50 and I hadn't had a chance to reply yet that I wanted to stay at my original offer...seeing that Jennifer Conklinwas the only one who offered that amount then I of course would go with the person who is willing to pay what I asked for it. Thanks for understanding that people want to get the price they ask for.
    2 hours ago · Like · 1
  • Tonya Diefenderfer Okay and since Greg commented first you could of said no I want 65 and seen what he said first. But whatever your ignorant!  end of story
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1
  • Jennifer Conklin Wow, Tonya, don't you think you're being kind of harsh. Did you want the item? Not understanding why this upset you so much.
  • Tonya Diefenderfer Thanks Paola!!!  
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1
  • Emily Adams Tonya Diefenderfer, I can see your point. I'm sure Greg would have appreciated a counteroffer. Still figuring this thing out. I'm sorry you're upset, but hope you realize we're all human on here. I'm usually not on Facebook all that often, so I suppose I'm not as saavy with the yardsale rules. However, I don't appreciate being called ignorant. I have lived in 4 different countries, have served people in leprosy colonies in India, earned my bachelors degree in English Education and am now an editor for an entrepreneurial magazine, besides loving being a stay-at-home-mom. I don't consider myself ignorant and feel your comment reflects poor discussion skills. Please don't make blanket judgements on people based on a simple yardsale post.
    26 minutes ago · Like · 2
  • Tonya Diefenderfer Lol Emily i promise I could care less about your weight bench. I was just stirring stuff up!  so go on with your day!

Comments

Wow. What a waste, being negative just because you can. I feel bad for her. Facebook is a powerful tool, for good and for bad. Choose to be good with it no matter what others do.
Anonymous said…
Geez I got a little worked up reading her comments! way to keep your cool :) what you said was perfect
Oh my... I am all riled up, haha. People are unbelieveable. You are right. That is one thing I HATE about facebook. People say things that they would never really say to someone's face. But yes, way to not totally blow up. I'm sure I would have ;)
Whitney said…
What I find interesting, is she says "I couldn't care less about your workout bench...I'm just stirring up stuff."

. . .

I also like that she can't spell simple words correctly and fails to capitalize her "I's."

Yeah, but you're the ignorant one, Em. It's all you, not the key board warrior who needs remedial spelling classes.



Stephanie said…
WOW! Talk about a pot-stirrer! I would have immediately deleted her posts and blocked her from being such a troll on your posts. I can't stand people when they do that--bid lower and think that they can get away with it! (BTW--I've learned on the Logan Classifieds to just write FIRM after the price so you don't have to feel gipped after people try to get it cheaper) ;-)