Tea Party!

Pulling the blanket back to reveal Daphne pleasure reading in her "fort"

Daphne is obsessed with tea parties lately.  She is constantly leading me by the hand into the playroom where she pats a chair to have me sit down and then runs to the kitchen set to grab me a cup and plate.  I pull out my "Emeline the Divine" voice (a greatly exaggerated British accent with a slightly snobbish air) to say, "Ohhhhhh thank you dahhhhling!" and have a good laugh when Daphne tries to mimic it with her cheeks sucked in tight, her chin dropped low, her eyebrows high and her eyes slightly droopy.  



A few days ago Burke constructed a blanket fort tacked to the wall in the playroom, so when he came home from work I had Daphne present him with this:


My senior ball gown (from 7 years ago) came out of the closet and I told Burke he better dress accordingly.  He met us in the playroom for dinner with a suit jacket, a pair of plaid shorts and flip-flops.  A finer tea party dinner you never did see!

Comments

So cute :) I'm sure she loved every minute!
Shauna said…
You guys are the cutest ever!