Red Rocks


In April, Daphne and I made a few trips to St. George with Marie to make Costco runs and visit the family.  On one of these trips, I dropped Marie and Kristen off at the temple and drove towards Cassie's house to make a surprise visit.  Only, when I called her to give her a little heads up, it turned out she was up at the Dixie Red Hills climbing around with the kids. 


Daphne and I made our way there instead and spent a fun hour exploring the cutouts in the rocks with Emmett and Millie while Cassie stayed safe on the ground with baby Elise.  It was a spontaneous outing and made me miss all the things I used to do with Cassie when we lived in the same city.  I'm glad we are still within driving distance for an afternoon together and only wished we made it happen more often!



Comments