June Happenings 2014


1) The weekend after Daphne's birthday and our anniversary, we drove up above Silver Lake Reservoir (in that canyon next to Alpine that goes past Timpanogos Caves...anyone know the name?) for a Western Ag Company Dinner/Campout.  As most of my camping throughout the years has been in Northern or Southern Utah, I was shocked by how beautiful the mountains were up there.  It seriously looked like snapshots of Switzerland in some places!

These tree roots were so cool right next to the creek.

At the dinner, they served the largest steaks I have ever seen in my entire life.  I enjoy a good steak, but it was a bit too much meat for me and I died when Burke's boss Darrin went back for a second helping!  It was a super low key evening with awards given to several employees and recognition for those retiring, etc.  We were one of just a few families who camped and I was just getting ready to take Daphne to the tent when she turfed it on the concrete and got the hugest black and blue goose egg almost immediately in the middle of her forehead.  I was super classy and cussed in front of Burke's coworkers and rushed her to the tent where we had some ice in a cooler to put on her head.  Thankfully, she was a trooper, but that ended the night early for us.

The ultimate pouty face while she waited for us to clean up the tent.

2) Ooookay, let's talk about Cabela's for a minute.  Red neck paradise ya'll.  After the Western Ag Campout, Burke insisted that we hit Cabela's on the way home and although guns and camo aren't really my cup of tea, I have to admit that I was thoroughly impressed.



This is the ultimate sportsman's warehouse.  Seriously.  We spent a couple of hours checking out all the displays, playing the shooting game at the arcade, admiring the fish in the tunnel aquarium and more.  I usually am grossed out by taxidermied animal carcasses, but they were so beautifully placed and so well done that it was hard not to be impressed.  Now, lest you get the wrong impression, I have to give Burke credit - he is not a hunter for which I am very grateful.  I mean, yes, he and his family do the opening weekend of the deer hunt every year, but they're not very serious about it and it's more about spending time with the family than bagging a deer.  


3) I've had the chance to watch LeeAnn's girls a couple of times this summer and love it every time we get the chance.  Daphne and Aubrey ended up matching this day on accident, but I thought it was pretty dang cute.  Daph adores these girls.

Believe it or not, I actually LOVE camping, even as a preggo.  But I only like TENT camping, I hate being in a trailer.  It drives Burke crazy.

4) The week after our Western Ag Campout, we decided to throw together a overnighter to Co-Op and invite our dear neighbors from Mesquite that we miss so much.  In the end, Shane and Shannon were the only ones able to make it, but it was so much fun for us to just visit with them and catch up on their lives.  I know I've said it before, but I just love Shannon.  She is always so calm, but she has a great sense of humor and talks so openly with me.  I really admire her.  


Daphne found a horny toad minutes after we got to the mountain and she was obsessed with him for a good hour or so.  I do not like to handle bugs, reptiles, etc., but Daphne has absolutely no fear when it comes to making friends with creepy crawly creatures.  I finally had to convince her that his "family missed him" so she would release him and stop squeezing the poor guys guts out! :)

My husband is a total pyro.

Burke cooking the most divine dutch oven dinner for us all.  I love that he is such an amazing chef!

Hudson, Brinlee and Daphne.  She pulled that "rock on" hand out of nowhere.  I don't have a clue where she learned that.


It was gorgeous up at the mountain and we had the very special treat of going for a ride in Shane's Razor side-by-side.  Have you ever ridden in one of these babies?  Let me tell you, they are Suh-weet!  They are such a smooth ride and I love that you can all be buckled up rather than having kids hanging on precariously for dear life on a 4-wheeler.  We were trying hard not to lust after it! :)


5) Burke at work in the kitchen again making homemade pretzels.  Maybe this is why I'm getting so fat this pregnancy?


6) Just one of many Daphne drawings that brought a grin to my face.  This is her depiction of "Mommy and Daddy" and when I asked her what the dots were on my belly she said they were just polka dots.  Duh Mom.

Comments