Head Wound

Did you know that head wounds bleed really bad?

I had always heard so, but never had any personal experience with it until this past month.  It was the day we were leaving for our trip to Logan and I was busy packing when my visiting teachers called to see if they could come stop by for a quick visit.  I agreed and when I heard their car pull up out front, I went to close my bedroom door to hide the packing mess just in case anyone went to the restroom.  Unfortunately, I forgot that hanging on our door frame was a pull-up bar Burke was using for exercise.  When I went to shut the door, it banged into the pull-up bar and brought the heavy metal contraption straight down on my head.  I staggered and grabbed by head in pain, but shook it off as I heard the doorbell ring and was just glad no one had seen what a dork I had been.  I walked to the front door and right as I opened it up to greet my visiting teachers, blood started poring down my face in cascades straight into my eyes, mouth and onto my shirt!

It was too late to close the door and pretend I wasn't there and poor Sister Pruitt was already gasping in horror and asking, "Oh my goodness! What happened?!  What can we do?!"  At this point I went into a minor shock and started crying, so I couldn't even explain what was going on.  I'm sure I looked like a major abuse case or attempted murder victim!  Ha ha!

Sister Pruitt was amazing and helped me to the kitchen, got a rag for my head and just stood next to me rubbing my back and helping me calm down.  Once the bleeding slowed and I could explain myself a bit, she told me they would watch Daphne while I cleaned myself up (my clothes were soaked in blood!), so I was able to go take a shower and calm down while they cleaned up the puddle of blood in my entryway and played with Daph.  I was so grateful that if I had to make such a dorky mistake that such kind women were there to help me during such a strange and frightening moment.

Thankfully I didn't have to go in for stitches, but I had a wicked headache that night and felt a bit woozy for a couple of days following.  So now I can attest, head wounds are nasty buggers!  Oh, and make sure you take your pull-up bars down when you're done with them. :)


Comments