Logan Visit - Summer 2014

We had a glorious visit to Logan this summer for an entire week!  That's the longest I think we've ever been in Logan and it was by far the most chill visit we have had home to see my family.  Highlights for me included:

Daph being a total ham on our drive to Logan.  She's such a great little traveler.

1)  Helping the Kirbys move into their new home on our way up to Logan.  It was a privilege to have a chance to help them a little when they are constantly serving us and others.  We spent the night at Burke's Aunt Andrea's house the night before and ended up in the middle of a mini family reunion with a few of their kids.  It was so great to see them!

I absolutely love this picture Devo took of the Kirbys on the 4th of July.

2) Sitting in on Dad's combined Relief Society and Priesthood lesson in the married student ward with April and Elijah.  My Dad is such an incredibly gifted teacher and I got so much out of his lesson on the Law of the Harvest and the Law of Sacrifice.  I heard a few new stories about sacrifices and struggles my parents went through in their early marriage and the blessings that sustained them.

It's nigh impossible to get Burke to stop for scenic pictures.  
This is the best I got out of the car window of the gorgeous aqua Bear Lake vista.

3) Awesome day at Bear Lake - perfect weather, cousins playing like gems (for the most part), crystal clear blue water, a couple of rides on the wave runner clinging to my Burkie while cackling with glee and raspberry shakes at Labeaus to top it all off.



Elijah wearing the child life vest here makes me giggle every time I look at it!

Thumbs up of approval from the Daphinator.



4) Seeing my 96-year-old Grandmother ride off with Burke on the wave runner and knowing we have the coolest Grandma on the planet.  I actually was pretty nervous while they were out there thinking, "If for some reason she ends up in the water, there is NO way he'll be able to push her back on or that she'll be able to pull herself up!  He'll have to tow her in or something!"  Thankfully she had a grand ol' time with no mishaps.


5) Playing games with the Murphys almost every single night (have you ever played Seven Wonders or Illuminati?  They're my favorite Murphy games now)

6) Mini golfing at Willows Miniature Golf where I worked for a few years in high school.  I couldn't get over how much the trees and plants had grown which made me feel for the first time that I'm starting to get old.  The little boys cheated on nearly every hole while Daphne and Mia would set down their balls right next to the hole and shuffle it in.  Burke was the proud winner!


Please observe how Dad is wearing Joshua's hat perched on top of his head in these pictures.  I think he had it on for 15 out of 18 holes and it made me laugh every time I noticed it.

7) Watching FOUR World Cup soccer games.

8) Dinner with darling Whitney and Dan.  Nothing better than hearing your friends are moving onward and upward with their lives.  Dinner is never long enough to talk about all the things I want to with them.  This particular dinner reminded me of how well read, intelligent and informed Whit is which makes for such great conversation.  We love them!


9) Burke and Daddy getting a chance to play golf twice during the week.  Even though they felt like they played terrible, they still loved getting out.

10) Bush Family Olympics complete with badminton, whiffle ball golf with ginormous plastic clubs, horseshoes and soccer scrimmage.

My "competitive" position.  I had a blast playing with Burke against the Kirbys even though I was not quite as agile as I would have liked to be.



When I say we are a competitive bunch, I don't mean that lightly.  I think there were at least 3 injuries during this soccer game.  Mostly inflicted by April! :)

I love how the girls got their own game going once the scrimmage ended.

11) Watching fireworks on the 3rd of July from the Criddle's backyard.

12) Daphne finding this old lizard I sewed in 7th grade Home Ec. years ago among the stuffed animals and falling in love with it.  She carried that silly thing around for several days and he made it home with us at the end of the week.  He now resides in Baby #2's bassinet until baby arrives.


13) Admiring my mother and father's impeccable garden, lawn and especially Mama's flower beds.  Now that we have a lawn and plants to take care of, I am in awe of their expertise.

14) Trying to get everyone positioned for this picture spelling out "We love you Tasha!" to send to my baby sis on her mission in Florida.  It took a few years to get us all in the right spot which was both annoying and humorous.


15) Getting an emotional sneak preview of Baby #2's lullaby Dad is writing.

16) Doing our own fireworks on the 4th of July, listening to patriotic music and watching the little girls dancing in the grass while the fireworks glowed behind them.  That night was pure happiness with pictures and feelings frozen in my memory that I hope will always stay with me.



17) Jumping into First Dam and instantly hyperventilating from the freezing water

18) Mom's festive 4th of July jello.  I love that she does fun things like that for us all to enjoy.


19) Allowing Daphne the chance to play with her cousins and grandparents.


20) Just being with these fabulous people we call family!  I genuinely not only love, but like these wonderful people and feel lucky to call them my fam!  Thanks for hosting us Mom and Dad!


Comments

emilydaines said…
Loving the lizard from 7th grade. Mine was so terrible it immediately went in the garbage can. Solid blast to the past!