The Reality of Family Photos

* If the videos don't show up, click on the blog link at the bottom.
**A huge thank you to my sister Cassie and sister-in-law Marinda  for trying to get a few photos for us.  This post in NO way a complaint about your pictures, but rather my family's inability to take one. :)

Many of my family members have now seen first hand how much Burke loathes taking pictures when we made an embarrassing scene at the family reunion in July arguing about the photos after taking close to FIFTY shots without a single frame-worthy one among the lot!  In fact...Tasha caught it on film and I am now going to share it all with you because...

A) After 3 months it is finally funny to me and 
B) We have been labeled the "Leave It To Beaver" couple in our neighborhood, so this is to prove that we do have our moments of disagreements!
C) Burke is a huge proponent for telling/showing things as they really are.  

So here you have it.  Two 10 second clips to show you the ridiculous reality of family photos.




And now for the still shots.  You thought I was kidding about not a single one working.  I am NOT being picky folks.  Observe what our precious 4 year old pulled throughout the whole ordeal.  


Let's take a closer look at that face.  I mean...seriously?!?!  I laugh out loud every.single.time I look at this picture.  Total stinker.  But let's be honest.  Burke's less-than-enthusiastic aura wasn't helping either or our easily distracted baby looking anywhere but at the camera.  It really is funny, I realize this, but SO frustrating in the process!


Below was the best one of the batch.  No lie.  Can you see why I was so frustrated in the video now?


Thankfully, Marinda snagged another of us on Burke's iphone that turned out lovely!  The only problem is, it's on a phone picture, so the quality is not high enough to print it out big enough to hang on the wall.  Argh!!!  Thwarted again!

See how grainy it is?

All this to explain a few things before my next post...the photo shoot we just did of the girls!  Next post.

Comments