Delayed Valentine's Day

This past week Burke's schedule at work has been el lame-o.  He has been scheduled from 10 to 8 making it a long day until I get to see him.  We decided since he had Wednesday off that we would have our Valentine's dinner that night instead.  I figured somebody might as well enjoy the actual holiday, so I offered to babysit our friend's (the Bundy's) four little girls so they could enjoy a nice V-day dinner.  The girls and I had a great time playing games and watching part of a movie together before our friends (the Gonzalezes) stopped by with some V-day cupcakes their 4 year-old, Ezra, had picked out for "Brother Burke and Sister Emily."  Well, he didn't want to miss out on the fun and I was feeling great, so I told them to go enjoy an hour together and let Ezra stay with me and the girls.  It was pretty funny with these 5 little ones eating popcorn with us and watching "Hoodwinked" on Valentines!


On Wednesday we decided to go big or go home!  We had an early dinner at The Painted Pony, easily St. George's fanciest restaurant.  My sis-in-law, Kristen, works there and had given us a gift certificate for my birthday, plus it was Valentines, plus we have not been out to eat at a nice sit down since before Paris!  So yes, we splurged big time.  And we probably won't eat there again for another couple years, but it was so much fun to be decadent for an evening!  


Every morsel I put in my mouth was absolutely divine and we ate some veggie garnishes called sun chokes that I'd never even heard of!  It was a very pleasant evening and I felt very spoiled by my lover.  

And now, for some recent reasons why I love my valentine!

1) He is incredibly hard working
2) He gives me a massage every time I ask
3) His guitar playing and tenor voice makes me melt
4) He listens to my daily emotional vomit when he gets home from work
5) He doesn't get worked up about baby cuteness like I do, but he will smile and nod and act interested for me :)
6) He has gone out of his way to put on sympathy weight for me :)
7) He is a wonderful cook (*see #6)
8) He reads my blog
9) He makes me laugh every single day!
10) He is my best friend and I couldn't be luckier than to be married to such an amazing man!

Love you lover!

Comments

Liv Blair said…
How sweet are you to babysit on Vday? Love it!
Anonymous said…
You and Burke inspire me!! Thank you so much for sharing your love on here :) xoxoxo!

-stef