Weekend Loveliness

This past weekend was simply lovely as Mom and Dad came down for the Mo-Tab Concert at Dixie College.  Papa looked so much better than he had at Christmas.  Part of this may have to do with the extra week between Chemo treatments, but whatever the cause, I was happy with the result.  While Burke, Daddy and two of Dad's choir buddies went golfing on Saturday, Cassie, Lydia and I were spoiled by Mom on a shopping outing.  Do you know how long it has been since I've been shopping?!  Do YOU?!  A tremendously long time my friends.  It was so much fun to be out with the girls even though I felt silly at Mom insisting on getting me some new things.   I was thrilled with my new maternity tops and my very first baby purchases!  Cassie and I got matching onesies as our little ladies will be just 2 months apart.  I can't wait to take pictures of them together!

That night while we were in the living room chatting I felt Peanut wiggling around and put Burke's hand on my belly, although I expected him to shake his head after a couple minutes and frown with disappointment like he has the last couple of weeks.  I was almost as surprised as he was when his eyes widened simultaneously with her next kick.  "I think I felt her!" he exclaimed.  Sure enough on the next two kicks he laughed and shook his head at the same time, revealing in the "awesome-ness" of finally feeling our daughter together.  My mom was just as excited that she could be there for Daddy's first nudge. :)

We celebrated my brother-in-law Dan's birthday yesterday and were spoiled with another meal at the Riding house complete with decadent home-made carrot cake.  Yum!  Dan is such an amazing man and I am so glad he married into our family.  He treats Cassie so good and his kids absolutely adore him.  It was cute to watch him try to eat dinner with Lydia and Emmett each on a knee.

I didn't manage to get any pictures this weekend, but it certainly was a weekend full of loveliness.  Too bad we're back to the grindstone already!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lol! I feel you!! I just bought a couple of cute dresses at Ross- before then I hadn't been shopping for clothes in a really long time haha. I'm glad you had fun :)