2nd Anniversary

On Monday, the day after Daphne's birth, Burke and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary!  At about 10 o'clock I suddenly gasped, "It's our anniversary!"  Burke said, "I knew there was something familiar about this date."  I felt so bad that I hadn't prepared anything for my sweetheart in advance to express my love for him.  As I started apologizing he just rolled his eyes and pointed to a picture the nursing staff had taken of Daphne taped to the white board and said, "Uh...hello?  You've given me the best gift ever!"



And he's right.



Last year we were in Paris on our first anniversary having the perfect day, dreamily predicting that we would never have an anniversary as exciting and wonderful in comparison to our first.  Sorry Paris, you've got nothing on a brand new baby.


I feel so blessed to have found my Alan Burke.  This is the man who hates to give back massages more than anything and yet gives me one every single day (sometimes two or three if I'm whiny enough).  This is the man who makes me belly laugh on a daily basis.  This is the man who turns his head to look at me and suddenly I have butterflies.  This is the man who holds our daughter with such tenderness and delights in every sound and face that she makes.  This is the man who can give me a priesthood blessing any time I ask and who teaches me more about being Christ-like from his example than just about anyone I know.  This is my cowboy, my business man, my priesthood man, my farm boy, my best friend and my love.  


Thank you for the two happiest years of my life Alan Burke!


Comments

Lo-train said…
Oh man, this post practically made me cry. First of all, let me say Congratulations! That is amazing and I'm so happy for you guys with the darling babe. I voted for Daphne, btw.... woohoo! And secondly, you are right. Burke is totally the complete package and so great! I am happy that he finally found YOU! And that you guys can make eachother happy!