Going A-D-O

Bride and groom with all the nieces and nephews at the reception on Tuesday, May 31.  I wasn't able to be there, but I just died seeing how cute all these babies looked!

I did it!  I rebelled and went A-D-O (Against Doctor's Orders) to be at Gabe's wedding on Wednesday and I don't regret it for a second!  Tuesday night I was whining to Burke about how badly I wished we were in Salt Lake celebrating with everyone at the reception and supporting Gabe.  He was just telling me that if I felt good about it we could go when we got a phone call from Alan (Burke's dad).  He and Kristen (my sis-in-law) were driving to Montana on Wednesday morning at 4:00 AM for her to move in with Kellie for the summer and suddenly Burke looked at me with a gleam in his eye and said, "Do you really want to go to the wedding?"  I couldn't believe the tender mercy being offered me.  We drove to Parowan that night and 4:00 Wednesday morning I was crammed in the backseat next to all the buckets of wheat that Alan was taking up north to Kellie, headed to the wedding!


The beautiful bride and handsome groom (photos courtesy of Cassie since I didn't get any good ones).


I surprised the family and it was a delight to see each of their reactions.  Best of all was Gabe and Ellen's faces when they came in the sealing room and mom pointed me out to them.  Makes me cry just thinking of their shocked reactions.  The sealing was incredible and I felt such a strong spirit confirming that these two will be an inspiring couple together.  Elder Zwick of the Quorum of the 70 sealed them and gave such beautiful words of council as he taught doctrine about the temple and marriage that brought such a strong spirit.  I felt honored to be there and the only thing that would have made it better is if there had been room in the car for Burke to come along too.


Here are all the sisters in their darling bridesmaid skirts.  I obviously was in no condition to wear a pencil skirt and Cassie was kind enough to forget her skirt in the car so I didn't have to be the only one not matching!


Ok, this picture is silly, but we have a picture in front of this same tree on a bench with all the sisters from Elijah and Marinda's wedding years ago.  The bench is now gone and there is a sign that says "No sitting" so we, being the hilarious people we are, are rebelling and "sitting."  Love my sisters and I am so happy that Ellen is the final female addition to the group!


So happy to be together with my wonderful family.


The luncheon following the wedding was lovely and I was so touched by the individual letters Gabe and Ellen wrote to every single person there - including Burke and I even though they didn't think we were coming.  I wish I had thought of that at our wedding!  There were also beautiful speeches given by siblings and friends, honoring this wonderful couple, their individual strengths and talents and the dynamite pair they will be together.


After the luncheon we rushed to Amy and Karl's house and I loaded up with the Ridings for the long ride home.  It was an exhausting day, but I will always be grateful that I was able to make it to this special occasion.  I wish my big brother nothing but happiness in his marriage and their life to come.  Love you so much Gabie.   

Comments

Shauna said…
You look adorable! I'm glad you went A.D.O. and attended the wedding. I would have done the same thing. =)
Chelsea said…
Hehe... you little rebel. I'm so glad you went though! If I hadn't have been holding Andy I would have been jumping for joy when I read you went! Such a special occasion! Congrats to Gabe and his new wife!