Daph Stats: Month 4

Dearest Daphne,

Your fourth month of life was a busy time.  What with Mom and Dad getting their last visits in with friends and packing up for the move to Mesquite, your schedule was a little crazy for a while.  However, as always, you handled things magnificently and have remained our happy little lady.  See for yourself!


At your four month appointment, your growing had slowed considerably as you measured 24 inches and weighed 12.5 pounds (23 in and nearly 11 lbs at your 2 month), significantly dropping in the height and weight percentages.  Dr. Walker thinks your genes are just kicking in, but I have been a little stressed, wondering if you are getting enough food, enough sleep, etc.  However, when I see the rolls of fat on your thighs, it calms my nerves.  I assume that starving babies are generally not happy babies like you.  You giggle, babble and whine, trying so hard to communicate with us.  It's so easy to make you smile and your Daddy can still get you to laugh the very best.  One of my favorite things is hearing you wake up from a nap.  You will call out, not really crying, but more like saying, "Hey Mom, I'm up!" and once I come into view above the crib you grin from ear to ear, kicking your little legs in excitement.  It makes me feel so loved by you that you are happy to see me each time you wake up.


I was a little sad to see your thumb-sucking stage end nearly as rapidly as it began as you now favor your entire fist instead.  Anything that makes its way into your hands now is simultaneously drawn to your mouth - fingers, blankets, toys, and especially my hair.  You get so frustrated when something is too big to fit and it's hilarious to watch the kind of things you try to cram in there!


As I mentioned, on Monday, September 12, you rolled over for the first time.  I thought it was an accident at first, but you managed to do it twice more before getting thoroughly ticked with tummy time.  Since then, you have proven a few more times that you are capable of doing it, but more often then not you fuss the instant you are on your tummy and refuse to perform.  You much prefer sitting up and being involved with whatever Daddy and I are doing.


You love to go for walks and being outside in general.  If you are ever being fussy, all I have to do is step outside and you will instantly calm down, twisting your head from side to side as you check out your surroundings.  Likewise, you are super good at church because there is so much to see!  During the hymns you make a high pitched cooing sound, almost as if you are trying to sing along too.  I love it!  You seem to admire other babies and ham it up for strangers with your twinkling-eyed smile and coos.  What a doll! I swear, you get more fun every day sweetheart and I just wish I could make time slow down as I watch you develop right before my eyes.  Grow on little one - but not too fast.

Love you forever and always,

Your Mama

Comments

Katie said…
She is getting SO big and is still SO adorable!
ellenbush said…
oh my gosh em she is getting SOO BIG and I just die over her big smile. She is beautiful, wow. she is going to LOVE being so well documented one day when she grows up! love you!