The Deer Hunt

On the 21 & 22 it was the annual Deer Hunt!  Let's be honest folks, I am so not a hunter.  But that's not what the Adams's family hunt is all about anyway.  It's about spending time together as an extended family, enjoying good food, great company and the beauty of the mountains.  What's not to like about that?

Daphne was all decked out in her hunter digs that my mom bought for her way back in the spring.  It's obviously meant for a little boy, so I had to pin a flower to her camo hat so none of the aunts or uncles would think she was a little fella!


On Friday, we drove up after work for the annual hunt dinner up at Co-op with all of the extended family.  Even though none of the Chauncey Adams family or the Allison (Adams) Hughes family were able to come, there was still a big turnout and we had a great time visitng, chowing, as well as some performances around the fire like Aunt Andrea's hilarious recitation of a Baptist parable complete with "amen" and "uh-huh" and "oh sister!" coming from the peanut gallery.


The menfolk braved the mountain cold in their generator-warmed trailers, while the mamas and babies headed back to town for the night and came back up to play and eat some more all day Saturday.  It was nice to get to know some of the cousins better and we enjoyed soaking in the beautiful fall leaves and crisp mountain air. 


I won't pretend that I was one bit sad when the boys came home after their last run of the day empty-handed.  Way to go Bambi!

Comments

Mindy said…
See, I hate deer. And while *I* will never kill one {unless it does a terrorist suicide attempt by jumping in front of my car} I am pleased when OTHERS make less of them alive here on earth. :)
Lyndi said…
I love all the pics! And I love the camo-flower and all!
The Burr's said…
I love her cute camo's!!! How fun for you guys to spend time up in the beautiful mountains. It really is the best time of year:)