First Impressions

I'm not quite sure where to start to catch up on all of the blogging I've wanted to do in the past three weeks.  A lot has happened and I suppose it would be best to start with my first impressions of our new home.


Lance (Burke's cousin who we are renting from) and Celeste's home is simply lovely.  We are so grateful for all the furniture they left behind and are graciously letting us use (a beautiful entertainment center, a huge L-shaped couch, bar stools and even a treadmill - score!, not to mention all of the decorations above the kitchen cabinets that look fabulous just the way they are) and I still can't believe that we have been so blessed to be in such a spacious home for such a killer deal for a few years.


I love the open family room, dining room and kitchen.  I love the loads of counter space, the ice/water machine on the fridge and the glass burners on the stove.  I love the multitude of windows that allow me to be flooded with natural light all day long.  I wasn't crazy about it at first, but this burnt orange wall has grown on me and I'm happy with the way the decor turned out.  


I LOVE the walk-in closet and so does my nephew!  Cassie, Dan and the kids came down to visit two weeks ago and as we were giving them a tour of the house Emmett saw the closet and gasped, "Dad, look!  A fort!"  He then proceeded to move my laundry hampers out of his way and said in such a sweet voice while waving his hands at our stuff, "Um...Auntie Em, can you move all of these clothes out?"  Man, I love that little guy so much!

I also love having a garage and a backyard where we can lay a blanket on the grass at night and cuddle as a family while star gazing.  I love the dozen or so gorgeous sunsets we have had right out our back windows; sky-blue-pink clouds framing a golden-orange sun rapidly disappearing behind a desert plateau.  I love this tree outside Daphne's bedroom window with its dropping purple blossoms and string-bean-looking pods.


The neighborhood is also fantastic.  Last week we came home from a grocery run to find 3-4 of our neighbors outside all visiting while the kids played football and rode tricycles around the street.  It was one of those picture-perfect, slightly "Leave It to Beaver" moments.  We joined them for over an hour, getting laughs from our varied backgrounds.  A delightful perk I discovered after we moved is that there is a bike/running trail just at the end of our street that follows along the rather unimpressive Virgin River, but is less than 10 minutes from a park with tennis courts, a covered playground and a little bridge over a small pond.  Perfect for date nights and for a growing baby to eventually play on.

Although I miss the friends and family in St. George, and although the barren desert landscape is still not my taste, I think Mesquite is going to be a great chapter in our lives and I am excited to see the ways in which we will grow and learn here.

P.S. If you want to see the rest of the house and be pampered by the Adams Family you must come for a visit! We bought a bed for the guest bedroom last night with our returned cleaning deposit money from our apartment and we promise to feed and entertain you to boot!  Please come see us!

Comments

Chelsea said…
The new place sounds wonderful! And I totally wish we could come visit!

And I'm glad that you are back to the internet world!
The Burr's said…
Your new house looks beautiful, and it sounds like everything is working out nicely! I'm so happy for your cute family! We miss you!! We for sure want to come hang out... let us know when you have a free night:)