Little Miss Sunshine - Daphne's First Birthday Party (Part Two)

*As mentioned in the previous post (Part One) - I promised a detailed b-day account for a few family members who could not be here, so there are probably way more pictures and details than you would care to see.  However, definitely check out the videos of Daphne walking her stroller - it kills me to see her cruising around already!


Finally we had Daphne open presents.  Or rather present.  She took one look at her electronic kitty from the Gonzalezes and wanted nothing to do with unwrapping the rest of the gifts.  I felt a little silly opening all her presents for her, but didn't want everyone to sit around if she wasn't going to dig in.  And may I just say, that the invitation said "No Gifts" and not a singled person listened!  Check out the haul this kid ended up with.  Spoiled little lady.  I've tucked a few of the gifts away in a closet to pull out as she gets bored with other things.  Thank you everyone for your generosity - she has been having a blast the past week with all her new things!


The other gift Daphne took interest in was the baby doll and stroller that my Mom got for her almost two months ago.  I was so excited to give this to her and sure enough she loved it!  When we first pulled the doll out she reached right over and gave it a tight hug, pulled it back as if to make sure she really had a baby doll in her arms and delightedly planted a kiss on her head.  So darling.


We waited until almost everyone had gone and the tables had been folded up before pulling out the stroller.  I wasn't sure how she would do, but she figured it out in about 5 seconds flat!



We had to weight down the front of the stroller with books so she wouldn't outweigh the front end and she was off!  Check out this hilarious video of her cruising around.  I wish we had thought to pull out the camera earlier because she was laughing her head off as she went back and forth and back and forth across the room.  She was in stroller heaven!  Thank you Grandma Bush!


As things were winding down Brandalee and I had a good laugh when we looked over to see Daphne and Paxon playing together so sweetly under the table.  Pax is just 5 days younger than Daphne and the most darling little boy.  They were hugging and laughing at each other and it just melted my heart to see them interacting so well together.
  

The time went by so fast and I was so busy running around that I didn't really get to visit with anyone before it was time to head home and put kids to bed.  We sent everyone home with some "drops of sunshine" and lots of waves from Daphne at the door step.


Thank you for celebrating Daphne's first wonderful year of life with us!  You are rays of sunshine in our lives!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an adorable party!! I love the theme, everything was so cute! I am glad Daphne had a wonderful first birthday! She's such a little doll. I think Avery and her would make great friends :)