Alive





In case you were wondering - we're still alive!  The past few weeks have been a bit crazy.  First we visited my parents in Logan and then it was on to Montana to see Burke's sister Kellie and her family.  However, when we got home and were starting to get things in order again, my sister Cassie was admitted to the hospital for the second time in six months.  Consequently, I packed my bags again and Daphne and I spent the last few days in St. George helping take care of the Riding family while Cassie had blood 3 transfusions and a surgery within 24 hours.  It's been a bit scary, especially as Cassie's doctor patted her knee yesterday and told her he was so grateful she was still with us.  I shudder to think how things could have turned out if they hadn't gone into the hospital when they had and I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who has protected my sister and kept her with us.  I don't know what I would do without her.  I am grateful for the reminder that life is precious, family is forever and faith is essential.


Comments

Marinda said…
Cute, cute hair! I'm so glad you were there to help Cassie. I can imagine how tricky it was to care for those kids this last week. Watching all of them with my three last month was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Hope we get to see you soon.