Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend was one of the most relaxing visits to Parowan we've had this year.  All of the family except Kellie and Wes were able to make it down and I felt like I had an opportunity to connect with just about everyone.  On Saturday morning Burke, Kevin and I ran 4 miles from the house to Roy Adams Farms.  The temperature was perfect and having Kevin 100 yards ahead of Burke and I kept me motivated to keep running the entire distance.  I felt so good afterwards and felt confident that Burke and I are really going to achieve our goal of completing a half marathon before the end of the year.  Keep your fingers crossed!  

Other highlights from the weekend included a yard sale where I scored some beautiful old books & a metal tree for decor.  

Watching Daphne and the nieces laugh their heads off going down the giant blow up castle slip'n'slide.




Making Kellie's yummy (and simple!) taquitos for everyone accompanied with pineapple cilantro rice and my all time favorite black bean mango salsa (seriously could eat the whole bowl every time!).


Attending Aubrey's baby blessing and the dinner following church where we were able to touch base with so many of the Adams cousins.


Celebrating beautiful Jade's second birthday and watching her unwrap presents the next morning.  When Daphne tried to touch her new dollies she was so cute insisting, "No Daph-a-ne! That's MY birthday!" :)


Watching baby girl learn how to push herself down the slide.


Seeing how much Daphne loves her cousins already.  She and Hallie played so good together this visit!


And of course the Iron County Fair on Monday, hearing the Suitcoats play and the big Urie Family BBQ in the backyard following the performance.  What a wonderful family I married into!  
  

There were several moments over the weekend where I found myself dwelling on a partial quote of Ralph Waldo Emerson's that says, "This time, like all times, is a very good time..."  Sometimes I think we get nostalgic for the carefree days of childhood or early courtship or whatever it may be, but I am convinced that the present is always the most magical time of our lives.  

Comments