Grandma Bush

Yesterday afternoon my Grandmother, Evelyn Jeannine Anderson Bush passed away.  I wrote about visiting Grandma at Legacy House over Christmas just last week.  How grateful I am that we had the opportunity to see her one last time and share a sweet moment together as a family.  Rather than feeling sad about Grandma's death, I am actually very grateful and happy that she was able to go as quickly as she did. When I saw how drastically changed she was at Christmas, it was painful to see the terrible quality of life she was living and I hoped that her suffering would not have to last much longer.  Dad said that a little over a week ago he was visiting Grandma with Grandpa sitting at his side when she opened her eyes, pointed to Grandpa and said, "A good fellow."  Then she looked at Daddy and whispered, "Let go."  This statement struck Dad full force.  I think we have all been so saddened by the change in Grandma that it has been hard to realize that maybe she was ready to move on from this world and it was us, not her, that needed to accept it and "let go" so she could leave.

With Grandpa Pug's death on Christmas Eve and now Grandma Bush's death, this could potentially be a trying time for our family, but instead I feel peaceful and happy for our grandparents and their eternal progression.  I know that they are free from the shell of their mortal bodies now and are hard at work preparing souls for the second coming of Jesus Christ.  I have no doubt that they are joyfully reunited with loved ones and that someday we will see them again as well.  What a blessing to have this knowledge from the teachings of the scriptures and the words of latter day prophets!  Death is not the end!  We are an eternal family and our association with one another did not begin or end with this earth life.  Of that I am absolutely certain.

I am looking forward to being reunited with my Bush Aunts, Uncles and cousins who I haven't seen in several years at the funeral this coming week to celebrate Grandma's good life.  More to come.

Comments

So sorry for your loss, Emily :( But what a blessing it is to have the knowledge that our gospel brings! I remember having fellings similar to yours when my Great Grandma passed away last year. It is very bitter sweet. I will keep your family in my prayers!