Never Long Enough


On New Years Day we got to squeeze in a lunch with some of my favorite people in the world.  JEW (Josie-Emily-Whitney) reunited with hubbies (sans Dan who had to work) is always sure to be a wonderful time.  We ate at a sheikh new cafe in Logan called "Herms" that used to be an old train station hub and has been completely transformed into a cozy spot for gourmet brunch dates - yum yum!  Josie's belly is finally starting to show (I think I was twice her size at 5 months! Why couldn't I have been 10 inches taller?!) and it is so fun to think about little Forrest making his debut in April.  Whitney is an administrator now and looking at my two dear friends I was so proud of their accomplishments.  They inspire me!  We picked right back up as usual, but all too soon our meal was over and it was time to go.  When I am with these sweet girls our conversations barely hit the tip of the iceberg and I always leave longing for more time together.  No matter how much time we spend, it is never long enough.

Comments

Whitney said…
I completely agree. It's NEVER long enough.

When we're all more settled in life, we need to consider a "Couple's Retreat" vacation of sorts. Or camping together or something. I'm not picky. :)