This Stage

Today I had one of those sweet moments where I felt completely overwhelmed with gratitude for this sweet stage in our lives.  Sometimes I get melancholy when I think of the things I don't have, like the little brother or sister who is missing from our family.  November marks 8 months since we started trying for a baby.  Burke, ever the optimist, swears we must be having twins next, so I will need Daphne to be a bit older to be my little helper.  I try to take his positive outlook, yet often all I can see is the gap between siblings growing wider and wider and my plans for my children to be tight-knit pals fading dimmer and dimmer with each passing month.

However, today I was reminded that, despite challenges, this stage of our life is so undeniably fun!  We have just one little bug to focus on right now - something I must remember that will never happen again once our family eventually expands.  I get to have priceless one-on-one time with my daughter all day, every day!  What a privilege - what a blessing!  Burke said once again this past week how happy he is with his work.  What a blessing!  We have such a peaceful, happy, fun and head-over-heels in love marriage.  What a blessing!  Not knowing many people in Cedar and having a "Sunday" calling leaves our days uncluttered and our nights free to spend as a family.  What a blessing!

Life is good.  And this stage won't last long.  Better enjoy it for as long as I can.



I loved this video I took a few nights ago of Burke and Daphne playing before bedtime.  It's such a typical scene that sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have these two gems in my life!
 


Comments