One Week and Counting

There is no denying it: I love chocolate! I inherited this taste from my mother who is currently resisting all attempts to enroll her in Chocoholics Anonymous. Admitting you have a problem is the first step and I was starting to develop one. I just couldn't help it! At work we have this giant bowl sitting next to the row of samples for patients to ransack as they leave. These tokens of good will come in all forms; dark chocolate, milk chocolate, almond centered chocolate, not to mention all the goodies that the drug reps are constantly courting us with! After nearly 3 months at the office, I was beginning to feel the effects of the sweets and decided something had to be done. I looked to the example of my sisters Cassie and Chelsea; Cassie stopped eating chocolate on Halloween one year ago and Chelsea hasn't touched the delicious morsels for over 5 years! WOW! So, all of this entry is to declare my new conviction: I am going to prove to myself that I can live without chocolate by going ONE YEAR without it. I started on October 20th, so mark your calendars for 10-20-2010 when you can all congratulate me on my astounding self control!

Comments

Erica said…
I don't necessarily have a chocolate problem but it is the sweets in general. The other day I brought myself a nice HUGE chunk of a peanut butter bar I had made and decided to pass on lunch due to being full from it. Of course, I got a headache. Then the following day I didn't eat anything sweet following my lunch and then proceeded to get a headache. It apparently is a lose, lose situation for me. Good luck! I have gone almost 5 years with no carbonated drinks!
{haley} said…
You're more powerful than I ever could be.