B is for Burke Brings Birthday Bliss!

Man, I am getting old. On December 10th I celebrated my 22nd birthday! Burke woke me up before work with scrumptious breakfast in bed and presents! Since my beloved red Kodak Digital was starting to have issues, he got me this amazing camera (the Sony Cypbershot) and I absolutely LOVE it! It's a touch screen and even has this amazing smile radar on it that can tell exactly when you smile and it will quickly snap the picture without anyone pushing the button. *AMAZING!*


Burke also got me THIS. That's right folks...a SNUGGIE! Except that it's "breast cancer pink" as Burke puts it! I also love it! :)

I had a surprise visit at work during the day from Cassie, Lydia and Emmett (who lunged over the counter as soon as he saw me!) who were so thoughtful and brought me a huge homemade card, balloons, and fruit pizza, not chocolate. Burke came next with birthday take out for lunch!

That evening we went over to the Riding house for cake and ice cream with Cas, Dan and those of the Adams clan that live in St. George. I had been thinking that day how strange it would be to have my birthday without my traditional peppermint cake, sprinkled with crushed candy canes and topped with plastic miniature evergreen trees that I've had every year since I was a baby. When we arrived little Lydia was running around and giggling. She squealed, "Auntie Em, open your present from Grandma!" and out of the kitchen casually strolled my mother! I couldn't believe my eyes, nor could I contain my tears.

My amazing mama had driven all the way down from Logan (6 hours and 400 miles away) just to be there for my birthday! "You had to have your peppermint cake," she said as if that was the most logical explanation for such a long trip. It was such an amazing surprise and I was so touched that she would do such a grand gesture for me!


We had a lovely evening as we all sat around eating delicious cake, talking and being entertained by darling Lydia, Emmett and Lyndee. Mom reminded me that just one year ago, Burke was making his first trip to Logan to visit me on my 21st birthday and meet my family for the first time. Isn't it amazing how much can change in a year? I feel so grateful to be married to the man who turned out to be EVEN BETTER than the dream fella I had created in my mind. He is so good to me and I am constantly amazed at the patience and love that we share for each other. Thanks for treating me on my birthday the same way you treat me every day Burkie - like a queen!

Comments

Erica said…
Happy Birthday! I'm glad your mother surprised you and your got your cake. By the way, huge fan of the snuggie!
Katie said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That is awesome about your mom. :D