Hark the Harold Trombone Sings!

Burke played trumpet in high school. His father played trombone. I would have never guessed that we would all be awakened at 5 AM on Christmas morning by Burke blaring out the army wake-up song on his father's old trombone. UGH!

We all gathered in Alan and Marie's bedroom where they read us Luke chapter two about the miracle of our Savior's birth before we migrated into the living room for presents. Burke and I decided to start a tradition with this being our first Christmas married. We put an ornament in each other's stockings to represent something we have experienced in the past year together. For Burke, I chose a miniature motorcycle because he has been salivating about motorcycles since we got married, but there is no way I will ever let him own one! He in turn chose an oven mitt with utensils sticking out of the top and the words "I love to cook" plastered across the front. I am a terrible cook. Har har. The biggest gift of the day was Alan's Wii Nintendo that drew all the boys downstairs within minutes (and for the majority of the next 2 days as they had boxing, baseball and tennis tournaments).

Our biggest gift this year will be blogged about in a future post...so stay tuned!

After being inside most of the day, the fresh air at the farm was a welcome relief as the boys did their chores and played around on the four wheelers. There is no rest from work for a farmer, not even on Christmas!

It was amazing to me how at home I felt (and have always felt!) with the Adams Family. I am so grateful that my "Second Family" is so incredibly good to us and always make me feel so loved and included. Thanks for such a wonderful Christmas break!

Comments

Mindy said…
Stick to your guns on the motorcycle. Seriously. Even when the kids are out of the house and you think, "What the heck?" DON'T.GIVE.END. [I know someone who was killed while on a motorcyle this past weekend.] Reading your post makes me want to have Christmas break all over again ... Minus the motorcycle part.